The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hey @DaveB. What’s the go with this??

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah OK, it just doesn’t have any credit or titles etc so no idea where it came from. 👍
It’s very well hidden on the Grenadier website, along with the “Getting to Grips” video, and documents such as the Accessories Brochure …

Go to the bottom of the Grenadier website page
Under DISCOVER heading you will see the word “Press”
Click on it, then click on “Expedition 1.0”
Then click on “Content”, and you’ll see what's there

I was told yesterday that they plan on making the relevant documents and videos easier to find, now that the launch event is over. 🙂

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
dude you are killing my new channel
let it go
Not sure if you’re joking, but if you’re not … it’s really not cool to repost other people’s content on “your” channel.
Even if the content is meant to be shared, I think it’s important to make it very clear where it comes from.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if you’re joking, but if you’re not … it’s really not cool to repost other people’s content on “your” channel.
Even if the content is meant to be shared, I think it’s important to make it very clear where it comes from.
It states Video courtesy of Ineos Automotive
It is just a collection of videos for people who don't know how to surf the internet.
Once my vehicle arrives I will start adding my own videos.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It states Video courtesy of Ineos Automotive
It is just a collection of videos for people who don't know how to surf the internet.
Once my vehicle arrives I will start adding my own videos.
All good, but just remember that this thread started because someone wanted to know where the video came from. 🙂

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That disclaimer is much clearer. 🙂
It has been on there from the start on all but the first video
I put the disclaimer on the first one but in the wrong place.
There are many many people who don't even look on the Ineos website for information or can't navigate around the internet very well.
If I was using all or parts of that footage and doing a voice over pretending it was mine then I could understand the issues
I am putting it up un-edited and giving credit to Ineos Automotive.
Not trying to make money from it just trying to do something people might find interesting and useful

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is an official Ineos Automotive video and what many of the "journalists " are using as footage of their drive
It’s caller b-roll in the biz, just a bunch of supporting video that you can cut into your story

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
This is no problem at all. They are for public use and Ineos want's them to be spread over the internet. This would only have been a problem before launch. But the launch is over.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Gees didn’t mean to start a shit show. 🤣Just wondered if you were involved given your sudden absence and the vid with no credits on your page.

Decent vid but. ☝🏻
I wish I was.
I asked them if they had any jobs coming up
As pointed out nearly all of the reviews use small sections from these video's
I posted them in full versions because i figured lots of people would like to watch and listen to the videos without having to put up with the reviewers talking rubbish over them

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All of the videos have the disclaimer on them that is required by law

View attachment 7802960
“Courtesy“ in such a citation means that permission to republish has been requested and received.
Might just want to cite the original source instead @DaveB. That’s presuming Ineos haven’t granted a release.

For the journos I think you’ll find they will have limited permissions over the digital assets for the purpose of their review.

Other publishers can then utilise elements of IP in the public domain under fair use provisions, but that explicitly prohibits reproduction.

Potential consequence is demonetisation and/or cease & desist from Ineos.

Not a lawyer, but done some internet publishing in the past.

Hope that helps!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
“Courtesy“ in such a citation means that permission to republish has been requested and received.
Might just want to cite the original source instead @DaveB. That’s presuming Ineos haven’t granted a release.

For the journos I think you’ll find they will have limited permissions over the digital assets for the purpose of their review.

Other publishers can then utilise elements of IP in the public domain under fair use provisions, but that explicitly prohibits reproduction.

Potential consequence is demonetisation and/or cease & desist from Ineos.

Not a lawyer, but done some internet publishing in the past.

Hope that helps!
I have emailed them asking for them to check my channel and let me know if it is ok

Back
Top Bottom