The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Hello NA East!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
Hello all - just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the East portion of North America. As a follow up to Stu’s post, please keep this section super specific to our respective regions and any topics that could benefit those outside of the area should be posted in the main forum.

I would also ask you to use the tag of your state when making a thread. Either use USA+the two letter post office abbreviation #USANJ, or the state itself #NewJersey. Searching by tag for this region-specific stuff will make life easier for those just coming aboard as we get closer to NA becoming relevant.

Last edited:

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
Bump
Many new(er) NA members that don't specify their East or West region locale (update profile?)
Anyone attending the Chicago Region, May 10-11 test drives (post reply or send direct message)
#USA/IL-MI

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The thought occurred to me that we will be taking deliveries of our IG’s in the dead of winter. Road salt is our enemy. One of the things I have done regularly is to treat the undercarriage of my vehicles with a preventive. For years, I used Waxoyl on my ‘04 Disco. A few years ago, I switched to Fluid Film. I’m genuinely curious if anyone intends on applying a preventative rust treatment on a brand new truck.

On this forum, I’ve seen discussions on PPF, vinyl wraps and ceramic coatings to protect paint. There are even several mentions of ways to protect the door sills from scratches whilst getting in and out of vehicle. A few mentions of body armor/skid plates. I haven’t seen anyone touch on frame and undercarriage rust protection.

So, it begs the question. Will you and if so what product will you be applying?

#USANJ #NewJersey #RustPrevention

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I won't be... I'm fairly confident of Ineos' corrosion protection for the chassis/body, but beyond that, it is unlikely that I will have the vehicle long enough to make any difference (my last truck I had for ~15 months, and just over 2 years before that one).

With that being said, I'm further South and don't contend with the same ridiculousness that those in the NE face

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The thought occurred to me that we will be taking deliveries of our IG’s in the dead of winter. Road salt is our enemy. One of the things I have done regularly is to treat the undercarriage of my vehicles with a preventive. For years, I used Waxoyl on my ‘04 Disco. A few years ago, I switched to Fluid Film. I’m genuinely curious if anyone intends on applying a preventative rust treatment on a brand new truck.

On this forum, I’ve seen discussions on PPF, vinyl wraps and ceramic coatings to protect paint. There are even several mentions of ways to protect the door sills from scratches whilst getting in and out of vehicle. A few mentions of body armor/skid plates. I haven’t seen anyone touch on frame and undercarriage rust protection.

I probably will in some capacity but I don’t as yet have a game plan. I heard a club discount on some protectIon fluid may be in the works, but I don’t remember the details. Delivery in the middle of winter isn’t ideal, but beggars can’t be choosers.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Rob what do you think of the fluid film product? I haven’t come across that one. Waxoyl I had applied to my 2011 LR4, but I didn’t know about it before I already had rust. I had it applied immediately to my 2022 Defender and it seems to be pretty good so far. The road salt used in Western New York is ridiculous.
I have a radiant heated barn building with dehumidification. I’m hoping I can get and keep the underbody dry.
Is the fluid film offered by a detailer or self applied?

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Rob what do you think of the fluid film product? I haven’t come across that one. Waxoyl I had applied to my 2011 LR4, but I didn’t know about it before I already had rust. I had it applied immediately to my 2022 Defender and it seems to be pretty good so far. The road salt used in Western New York is ridiculous.
I have a radiant heated barn building with dehumidification. I’m hoping I can get and keep the underbody dry.
Is the fluid film offered by a detailer or self applied?
Looks like our garages are very similar. This will be my third winter using Fluid Film. I don’t have enough time with it yet to make an assessment on its performance versus Waxoyl. What I like about it is that it has a “self healing” characteristic. Damage to the finish doesn’t chip away a layer that exposes the metal to air. It can be applied professionally. I found this locator that may be helpful to you. https://www.fluid-film.com/undercoating-locator/
I get the cans and apply it on my own.

Reactions: DDG

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spray my LR’s with Fluid Film. It’s great stuff. Been using it for 30-some years as rust protection. Not waxy but it will last a season and the creep (self-healing?) factor is great too.

SUBVET735705769

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’m genuinely curious if anyone intends on applying a preventative rust treatment on a brand new truck.

In my area, NHOU is the preferred choice. They franchise out the service to garages, but I take my trucks to their own facility. Might be a regional thing, but I know they advertise on MotorTrend TV. They also sell product for DIY.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi all, I preordered the other day (wasn't asked for a deposit). I'm anxiously awaiting a dealer to call me up but if they try and add $20k to the asking price them I'm out. I've already turned away from a defender and a sequoia in the last few weeks because of that. That being said I'm super excited by this truck -- it will be my first.

I'm in Northern NJ and every other brand of car / truck has a dealership within 10 miles of my house so I'd be super excited if Ineos did the same.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Boom! Another Jersey guy! Welcome aboard.

It looks like Philly for our closest dealer, but I suppose Conn could be doable. I’m at the beach so Philly works better.

This is a great website and community, so poke around - there’s tons of information. There are a good number of us on the no ”market value adjustment“ or other dealer BS or we walk contingent. I think we will be OK.

Local time
Reaction score
Boom! Another Jersey guy! Welcome aboard.

It looks like Philly for our closest dealer, but I suppose Conn could be doable. I’m at the beach so Philly works better.

This is a great website and community, so poke around - there’s tons of information. There are a good number of us on the no ”market value adjustment“ or other dealer BS or we walk contingent. I think we will be OK.
So excited — I just wish I could see the colors in the flesh but I literally just bought the scale Model as a teaser. Philly is fine for me but Paramus NJ would be better.

Clearly we need an East Coast Ineos 2024 meetup somewhere.

Local time
Reaction score
90 minutes west of Philly here. Hope I see you guys all at the dealer this year!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So excited — I just wish I could see the colors in the flesh but I literally just bought the scale Model as a teaser. Philly is fine for me but Paramus NJ would be better.

Clearly we need an East Coast Ineos 2024 meetup somewhere.
I’m quite surprised that they didn’t select Paramus. There’s all those swanky dealerships, close proximity to NYC, and it would be the closest to the port. Perhaps in due time.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m quite surprised that they didn’t select Paramus. There’s all those swanky dealerships, close proximity to NYC, and it would be the closest to the port. Perhaps in due time.
I'm going to guess that area will be added next year... Also, have they confirmed they'll be using Newark as a port? If I'm not mistaken the PTO2s came in somewhere in the SE

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I forgot where I saw it, but yes, the trucks are coming via NJ.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think that area is probably waiting for the "swanky edition" to release. Also, even though Philly is farther away, it is an easier drive than Paramus.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Philly will be easier and quicker for me too.

Back
Top Bottom