The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Frustrated!

Tony

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
My dealer, Grange Edinburgh called me yesterday to say my long awaited vehicle was ready for collection. But the side bars I had specified could not be fitted as they were out of stock and waiting for a delivery and could not tell me when they might receive them. My options were to delay collection until they could be fitted or pick up the vehicle and return at a later date for fitting. Like most, I am keen to get into the driving seat having waited so long, but returning means a 40 minute ferry journey and a 2 hour drive, each way! Looking like delaying collection is the sensible option! Up until this point the whole experience has been great and I congratulate Ineos on their marketing and communication. But the whole process has been somewhat tarnished by this experience!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer, Grange Edinburgh called me yesterday to say my long awaited vehicle was ready for collection. But the side bars I had specified could not be fitted as they were out of stock and waiting for a delivery and could not tell me when they might receive them. My options were to delay collection until they could be fitted or pick up the vehicle and return at a later date for fitting. Like most, I am keen to get into the driving seat having waited so long, but returning means a 40 minute ferry journey and a 2 hour drive, each way! Looking like delaying collection is the sensible option! Up until this point the whole experience has been great and I congratulate Ineos on their marketing and communication. But the whole process has been somewhat tarnished by this experience!
Can you get them shipped to you and self fit?

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your news

Has your vehicle been registered?

Reactions: PBD

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IA communication - please link me to these!!! But as to the vehicle that is a shame with a huge amount of driving if you take early collection... maybe make a weekend of it with the family and take a picnic basket!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Based on the track record of delays from INEOS I would pick it up, could be sitting there a while. Take it as an opportunity to get your Grenadier run in

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Tony as you rank at 81 amongst the eldest on the Forum, don't let this tarnish your view of Grange in Edinburgh who are doing their best. The supply (and fit) of sidesteps is outwith the agent's control and they've offered you the choice - it's either the "fosbury-flop" meantime or collection with steps as and when ... how agile are you? :LOL:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
I agree, with the other comments, get the vehicle and give it a good shakedown and then see what else needs addressing when you go back to have the steps fitted.

Hopefully there will be nothing, but what would be really upsetting (for me) would be waiting, only to get the vehicle and then find I have to go back two weeks later because something else needs sorting OR they call you in for the upcoming software update.

I am lucky my dealer is a 15 min drive down the road, so no worse than any other manufacturer tbh, but with your planes, trains and automobiles journey you need to box a bit more clever.

I have been pre-warned about the steps possibly being on back order.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just found out from my (very communicative) dealer in Nottingham that mine is now in production with a VIN etc available. They only get 48hrs notice of it being shipped apparently. Also the locking spare wheel box and the roof bars etc are still in short supply - so may have to wait or return to get them fitted. No predicted delivery date as yet but I guess it's another step forward.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
Good news for you buddy.

I hadn’t heard that the locking wheel covers are in short supply, typical as I ordered one, been warned already by the dealer about the side steps though.

What VIN have you been given ? They must be coming out somewhere between 3500-4000 now. If you have the vin then you might be in luck as well, could be about 4-6 weeks to delivery. That’s what mine will be if it turns up on the date given, which I think it will.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure of the VIN - will ask them when I can. Thanks for the time frame estimate

Back
Top Bottom