The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

FAQ Forum themes, you now have 3 options

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Ok so we're finally with our updated look. There is a light and dark version of the new theme or for those that want old school there is the option of using the original called 'default style'

Go between themes at the bottom left of the screen.

Toggle light or dark with the respective light bulb or moon icon either bottom left or top right next to your user name.

There's also some customizability built in with placing of side panels etc.

It has been quite a bit of work to get this together, but as always if you have any comments or suggestions feel free to post here and I'll try and accommodate.

Stu.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
Thank you @Stu_Barnes for your effort on this. I do like the dark theme. I am also very happy with the changed banner. All new but with lots of dust on it :cool:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Good job!

And I know how much fiddling it is until all the bugs are out. (y)

PT70

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Ok so we're finally with our updated look. There is a light and dark version of the new theme or for those that want old school there is the option of using the original called 'default style'

Go between themes at the bottom left of the screen.

Toggle light or dark with the respective light bulb or moon icon either bottom left or top right next to your user name.

There's also some customizability built in with placing of side panels etc.

It has been quite a bit of work to get this together, but as always if you have any comments or suggestions feel free to post here and I'll try and accommodate.

Stu.
Stu,

Awesome job. I have said it before and I'll say it again, if it wasn't for this forum, the input from members and your fantastic admin efforts I may have given up on the Grenadier long before now. I have learned more about the Grenadier from forum members than from anything Ineos has done (even today the most up to date story on their website is dated March 2022!). I had to laugh at Sitecore getting recognition for the volume of traffic generated on the Ineos website (up 925%), I believe it is customers checking multiple times a day (at least three times a day for me) to see if anything has changed regarding delivery date and contract. We have to keep checking because Ineos doesn't tell us. That's not to say they don't communicate, they do, it's just not the information I want. No disrespect, but I'm not interested in famous sporting people's opinions or following the GS International. I would appreciate technical information and detailed specifications, as things are finalised, and expert off roaders, overlanders and adventurers thoughts. The likes of Sir Ranulph Fiennes giving his opinion would be epic.
A long winded way of saying thanks Stu, Ineos owes you big time. If I could, I would love to cross out some of the 6 nominees for 'The hard way home' and replace them with your and some forum members names.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. As I’ve written elsewhere, I really wanted to try and be part of a community independent of Facebook etc where everybody has a voice that’s heard and you’re not plagued by ads, I’m pretty sure that’s been accomplished here. The input and energy from everyone has been incredible to date. I’ve a timeline of ideas and plans to bring more ‘stuff’ to the table over the next year so stand by for that.

The other main thing I really want to propagate is a technical repository of information and advice. Of course this can only come when the vehicles are in customers hands, and I once I get my greasy mitts on mine I’ll start a video series of how to do stuff as it gets broken in conjunction with the usual maintenance series as I’ve done with the Land Rover stuff to date.

Lastly this forum is nothing without the content and participation of everyone here and I’d like to raise a glass (cup of tea right now) to you all on that front.

Stu.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> cup of tea right now
That sounds boring.

You can pimp your tea with a little (well, 100%) rum and some sugar, and you have a "Grog".

It warms and lifts your spirits, and you see things in a more relaxed way. And it's still (a variant of) tea ;-)

Instead of tea, you can also use coffee - then you have a "Caffè Corretto", which translates as "corrected coffee", a typical Italian interpretation of "doing it right". The perfect Corretto, however, is made with brandy. And the coffee should be an espresso, as black as coal.

AND: Caffè Corretto squares the circle: it relaxes and keeps you awake at the same time. We (my team and I) could work through an entire night with only Caffè Corretto.

I love it: THAT'S a drink! :cool:

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
User panel lowered and now in line with top drop down menus.
Search bar consolidated to magnifying glass on RHS of user panel.
User mentions now highlighted ex @Stu_Barnes

AND: Caffè Corretto squares the circle: it relaxes and keeps you awake at the same time. We (my team and I) could work through an entire night with only Caffè Corretto.

I love it: THAT'S a drink! :cool:

Thats what this bad boy is for, it took a lot of grinding to get the settings for the crema right but now its perfect.

tempImageMVsZiE.jpg

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
We now have the option of selecting the background colour to reflect your Grenadier (Click on customize in between the bell and light/dark toggle at the top of the screen) The coloring changes a little depending on theme, however they work better with the light theme, so if you want to be all dark and moody its the price you must pay.

From the left we have.

1. Legacy Forum Background Colour
2. Brittania blue (rgb 10 12 37)
3. Donny grey (rgb 83 88 91)
4. Inky black (rgb 11 10 15)
5. Magic mushroom (rgb 189 180 171)
6. Queens red (rgb 70 21 28)
7. Scottish white (rgb 203 202 196)
8. Sela green (rgb 22 51 45)
9. Stirling silver (rgb 146 150 152)
10.Shale blue (rgb 55 83 111)

I've tried as closely as I can to match the colors but different monitors and settings make it a bit hard to nail perfectly. Its a pretty good shake though.

If anyone has the hex or rgb colour codes then let me know and I'll update accordingly.

Stu.

A big thanks to @Halliwell Jones Chester for the 'gas can comparison'

Attachments

• 10. Shale Blue.png
    10. Shale Blue.png
    11 KB · Views: 11
  • 9. Stirling Silver.png
    9. Stirling Silver.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 8. Sela Green.png
    8. Sela Green.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 7. Scottish White.png
    7. Scottish White.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 6. Queens Red.png
    6. Queens Red.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 5. Magic Mushroom.png
    5. Magic Mushroom.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 4. Inky Black.png
    4. Inky Black.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 3. Donny Grey.png
    3. Donny Grey.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2. Brittania Blue.png
    2. Brittania Blue.png
    11 KB · Views: 15
  • 1. Legacy Colour.png
    1. Legacy Colour.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Stu!
It nearly feels like sitting in my, ...well outside my Grenadier and watching it from close distance :giggle:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
A quick update on the forum background colors for this that are interested.

They have been fine tuned after receiving Steves @Halliwell Jones Chester raw image files.

In RGB and as close as I can make them.
  1. Brittania blue 34 39 52
  2. Donny grey 72 81 83
  3. Inky black 31 36 36
  4. Magic mushroom 222 218 208
  5. Queens red 62 37 40
  6. Scottish white 248 246 235
  7. Sela green 48 59 54
  8. Stirling silver 225 232 229
  9. Shale blue 96 113 133

There's some differences in the whites and green but the rest are just fine tuning.

Stu.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, its holiday time, yes thats fake snow falling on your screen, yes you can get rid of it by toggling 'enable snow effect' in the theme preferences if you would like a Grinch banner then please ask :)

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 8.20.36 AM.png

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
toggling 'enable snow effect'

Nothing to toggle.😉

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am on andriod and no snow effect

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
I'm on a Windows PC and it's there, but not on my iPhone IOS 16.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like on tablets and phones it doesn’t work, so you'll have to put aside the Star Trek handheld and wheel out your Babbage machine to experience the full majesty real fake snow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom