The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Exterior door mirror adjustment 5 seat Station Waggon

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Good Morning Folks being extra thick today......

A silly question- how do I adjust the exterior door mirrors?

The manual says
handbook.jpg

The door looks like this

Door Gen 1.jpg

The electrical adjustment part of the exterior mirror isn't there.

There is no other way of adjusting the mirrors visable

So before I start pulling the mirror on the outside and breaking something - is this correct or is there something missing - like the standard mirror adjustment panel ?

Any help gratefully received, and anyone else have a similar issue?

Cheers folks

Attachments

• handbook.jpg
    handbook.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 16

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
If you have the base model without smooth pack I don’t think you don’t get the electric adjustment it’s manual. Just push in the corners of the glass to move it around I guess like we used to in the old days

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
yes mirrors are manual on the station wagon unless spec'd. either via smooth pack or separate power mirrors option

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230525-185049.png
    Screenshot_20230525-185049.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20230525-185208.png
    Screenshot_20230525-185208.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 13

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you have the base model without smooth pack I don’t think you don’t get the electric adjustment it’s manual. Just push in the corners of the glass to move it around I guess like we used to in the old days
old skool it is and a rewrite of the manual!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
don't forget to request the missus to walk in front of the Gren waving a red flag at all times!!!

Reactions: PBD

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have to say the manual appears to have been thrown together as an afterthought and seems to have quite a few significant omissions and some errors

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cheers for that, so the manual needs rewriting ! such is life eh
Answers my question. I doubted a manual adjustment inside and made me then think all grenadiers came with electric and i opted ($400 or thereabouts) for heated mirrors I would never use. Atleast it is confirmed i am paying for electric and heated mirrors

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
don't forget to request the missus to walk in front of the Gren waving a red flag at all times!!!
Im in enough trouble as it is !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

Must say its absolutely top banana and enjoying it immensely(y) great engine, driving position and steering is fine. Not too bad on our British roads too

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
I just received from my retail dealer the video of my newly arrived Grenadier. From a screenshot of the driver's door, the command for the electric mirrors is very evident.
1687464148023.png

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone removed a mirror yet?
I'm hoping for the RHD models. The driver mirror can be detached from the bracket. And a new hole drilled in the mirror casing for it to lock in a further out position. So I can adjust mirrors correctly and not look at the car on full extension.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The standard features on the non Belstaff models used to say manually adjustable mirrors.
Now there is no mention of mirrors on the standard features.
However the Smooth Pack mentions it includes Power heated exterior mirrors.
That is only standard on the Fieldmaster and Trialmaster in Australia but is an extra option on the base model
So I assume if you didn't option the Smooth pack or Belstaff editions you will have manual mirrors.
1693797726686.png
1693796913120.png
1693797441756.png

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, can I ask, how can you activate the heating element on the external mirrors? I have the smooth pack - ghostly powered mirrors (that work when suits them) but on a couple of mornings recently, I’ve had to wipe off frost/condensation on the mirrors. Does the heating kick in under certain temp automatically ? Is there a switch? Is there a magic spell I must chant? Do I need a wand?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
With the rear defroster?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
Ok, can I ask, how can you activate the heating element on the external mirrors? I have the smooth pack - ghostly powered mirrors (that work when suits them) but on a couple of mornings recently, I’ve had to wipe off frost/condensation on the mirrors. Does the heating kick in under certain temp automatically ? Is there a switch? Is there a magic spell I must chant? Do I need a wand?
1698859964149.png

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Krabby is right, works (should !) with the rear demist. Ambient temperature was 8 C, still not sure if there is a cut off temperature though.

Jarek

Production/Transit
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
I have different question: does somebody know is any possibility to mount aftermarket heated mirrors in base version ? I bought utility version and did not find the idea to check it before i paid, because in XXI century even Opel Combo has heated mirrors. From my point of view it does not look as a challenge - just have to change the mirror insert for heater version. But question is if there is any space for cables in the mirror housing and a hole in the door to route them?

Back
Top Bottom