The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Does the privacy glass have the tint "baked into" the glass or is it simply an applied window tint?

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score

Does the privacy glass have the tint "baked into" the glass or is it simply an applied window tint?

Also, does the Privacy Glass option include any treatment of the Safari Windows and, if so, what type?

Last edited by a moderator:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
Last edited:
Vote:

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I do not believe the tint package affects the windshield or the driver and passenger windows -just the second row windows, cargo area windows, and back door.
I would like to have some clarification on this, is the Heat reflective privacy glass a tint (something that can scrape off or something in the actual glass)?

Vote:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
Stu, this forum question appears to be overdue for an answer. Can you please resubmit or follow up? Time is getting short for order placement. Thanks.
INEOS are getting back to us in batches. I’m speaking to them quite regularly and when answers are sent to me I update the threads. They’re aware of the questions that are unanswered and are politely reminded quite frequently ;)

Vote:

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's in the glass itself, not sure if the safari windows are the same level of tint, but I'd imagine so.
Thanks for the response. I received a different response from an email query to Ineos (rep said they were just window tint film) and am hoping to get a definitive answer via this forum based question.

Vote:

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I received a different response from an email query to Ineos (rep said they were just window tint film) and am hoping to get a definitive answer via this forum based question.
Agree. I feel like it's a different answer every other week. o_O

Vote:

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Really, defo not film!
Good to hear, but still want an official response. It's certainly possible they could have different plans for different markets, just like with other features. If it's such an easy question to answer, why no official response since May 29?

Vote:

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
What is the level or degree of tint?

Are all windows tinted equally?

I think it is sometimes expressed as a percentage. I'd like to compare to known example.

Vote:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Good to hear, but still want an official response. It's certainly possible they could have different plans for different markets, just like with other features. If it's such an easy question to answer, why no official response since May 29?

The last communication I had was that things are starting to get very busy at INEOS Americas. I’m hoping we get some feedback on the outstanding questions sooner rather than later.

Vote:

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The last communication I had was that things are starting to get very busy at INEOS Americas. I’m hoping we get some feedback on the outstanding questions sooner rather than later.
Yeah, the order window is closing fast.

Vote:

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
It will be standard automotive privacy glass, it is simply died with a pigment to darken the glass. Owners report it is not a window tint film. N.B. Privacy glass does zip to protect from UV, or Infarred heat, so if you want this you'll need to tint the glass anyway. My Jeep GC came with privacy glass but has also had 20% (rear & back windows) & 30% (driver/psgr) ASWF Ceramic tint applied which blocks 99% UV & filters 95% of infrared heat. I haven't optioned the privacy glass from Ineos as it's a waste of money if you're going to tint anyway. Tinting is about the same cost anyway.

Vote:

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
It will be standard automotive privacy glass, it is simply died with a pigment to darken the glass. Owners report it is not a window tint film. N.B. Privacy glass does zip to protect from UV, or Infarred heat, so if you want this you'll need to tint the glass anyway. My Jeep GC came with privacy glass but has also had 20% (rear & back windows) & 30% (driver/psgr) ASWF Ceramic tint applied which blocks 99% UV & filters 95% of infrared heat. I haven't optioned the privacy glass from Ineos as it's a waste of money if you're going to tint anyway. Tinting is about the same cost anyway.
I think the Ineos description leaves much to be desired!

HEAT REFLECTIVE PRIVACY GLASS

"Dark tinted glazing for the rear passenger and loadspace windows. Reduces light and heat transmission for improved comfort in hot, sunny climates, plus provides enhanced security for items in the loadspace."

Vote:

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the Ineos description leaves much to be desired!

HEAT REFLECTIVE PRIVACY GLASS

"Dark tinted glazing for the rear passenger and loadspace windows. Reduces light and heat transmission for improved comfort in hot, sunny climates, plus provides enhanced security for items in the loadspace."
Right? The official description seems to contradict the belief that it does nothing to protect against infrared heat.

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom