The Grenadier Forum
Register a free account today, you'll be able to post, access to the Technical section of the site, access the classified ads, and participate in group buys as well as other benefits. If you are an INEOS Agent/Dealer please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account. Unsolicited sales by any 3rd party are strictly against the terms and conditions of the forum. If you wish to be a registered vendor or partner then please contact admin@theineosforum.com for further information.

Computers and software -general

DenisM

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Reaction score
Just another general thread regarding non-Ineos-related computers and software, though I'm sure the thread will 'drift'!
I'm wondering if the talented amongst us can comment on the viability of moving from Office 365 to either a Unix operating system or an Office substitute ...such as the "Office" product promoted by the German software house "Ashampoo". I have used one of their 'free' CD burners for years (not intensively) and still receive their continuous blurbs with all sorts of offerings. I'm tempted but wonder if I'll lose access to literally decades, of, for example Word docs, Web pages, etc, which I wish to retain. While I've had a "laptop' + desktop of some description since mid 1986, I don't consider myself an "expert"...
All views welcome!

EDIT: also I'm fed up of having to "sign in" to all the MS programmes ...

Top Bottom