The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bull bar

RTG

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,
Do we know anything of the factory bull bar for Aus market apart from the configuration image? I understand there will be 3rd party providers, however that won't happen anytime soon. Not sure I'm enamored with the look of the factory bar, I'm sure it would be most suitable, but I really like the look of the ARB bars.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=RTG userid=8442397 postid=1333077897]
I understand there will be 3rd party providers, however that won't happen anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you're assuming that, it was all across our motor journo sites (4x4 Australia for example) that Ineos were working with local companies here to develop accessories and had made drawings available. ARB was mentioned as one of those.

RTG

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I understand all that, however the ARB rep I spoke to here in Tasmania ( relevant to me) said at the moment, because of volumes with Ford with whom they have an aftermarket priority agreement, together with the other new models of Toyota he could not see anything on their system in the pipeline. I mentioned that ARB has been provided with CAD models for design. So I guess obtaining one in little o'l Tassie anytime soon won't be an option for me.
Factory Roo bar it is.?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like to look of the factory bar - even though it's only a Roo Bar - not a bull bar - but it will suffice.
There is no way that an ARB bar will be under $2k fitted either

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I understand all that, however the ARB rep I spoke to here in Tasmania ( relevant to me) said at the moment, because of volumes with Ford with whom they have an aftermarket priority agreement, together with the other new models of Toyota he could not see anything on their system in the pipeline. I mentioned that ARB has been provided with CAD models for design. So I guess obtaining one in little o'l Tassie anytime soon won't be an option for me.
Factory Roo bar it is.?
[/QUOTE]I'm yet to meet at speed a cow on a road in Tassy , so we'll be OK with the wallaby bar!And when I get over to the outback I'll just be cautious and hope a herd of razorbacks don't leap out in front of me.

A

Andy

I have also spoke with ARB head office and they do not have a bar designed and ready for the Grenadier yet. in fact they were not aware of any work done on design yet.  they said they would want to see volume before investing in a bar or any other accessory..  maybe i spoke with wrong guy.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does any one know if the Bull/Roo bar is steel or alloy? I have ordered it but if it is steel i will remove from my order.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Steel all the way. Those big roos are almost as heavy as those bulls. Those of us who have struck one know.
I was overtaken by a Toyota Tarago on the way out to Broken Hill. A little while later I came across it smashed on the side of the road after hitting a wild horse. Blood everywhere but luckily very little of it human. There were about 10 people. I couldn't put any of them in my vehicle but I radioed for help.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
father struck a runaway horse once, rolled up the bonnet, smashed into the offside A pillar, over the roof, left a lot of hair and blood in it's wake and the solid wing mirror in the back seat. galloped off and by all accounts was fine. Car was a right off due to collapsed A pillar though. father was fine after 4 pints of courage best.

would be interested to know whether any bull bar would've stopped some of the damage, possibly

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
would be interested to know whether any bull bar would've stopped some of the damage, possibly
If nothing else it protects the radiator, and the potential slow death that follows such an incident.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
father struck a runaway horse once, rolled up the bonnet, smashed into the offside A pillar, over the roof, left a lot of hair and blood in it's wake and the solid wing mirror in the back seat. galloped off and by all accounts was fine. Car was a right off due to collapsed A pillar though. father was fine after 4 pints of courage best.

The idea is for the Bull bar to either bounce the animal off or push it down under the vehicle.
We went hunting out the back of Broken Hill many years ago (1985?) in some home made convertibles and we hit a big red buck kangaroo. He came over the bonnet and into the car.
We were doing about 10kmh and all jumped out.
Leaving the roo, food, water and guns in the car drifting down the track.
Thankfully after ripping everything up he got out and hopped away.
Would have been embarrassing to explain
1664963093648.png1664963174892.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I struck a flock of Galah's once in my Toyota Hilux and cracked the windscreen and bent the roof.
Stupid birds won't move off the road
View attachment 7794320
After dodging the roos , we just have to navigate past a dumped rooster colony with added cockatoos , daily. With a few native hens (turbochooks) for added flavour.
Weirdly, in Tasmania the galahs remain on the power lines , and the magpies and plovers swoop - but never ever attack.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
I was overtaken by a Toyota Tarago on the way out to Broken Hill. A little while later I came across it smashed on the side of the road after hitting a wild horse. Blood everywhere but luckily very little of it human. There were about 10 people. I couldn't put any of them in my vehicle but I radioed for help.
Saw a wagon once that hit a camel on the Nullabor. Took the roof off and head of driver. The passenger was reclined sleeping and walked away from the week.

If you’re going to have a bar up front make it steel.

Woody

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a good look at the bullbar in Wollongong recently. I can confirm it is steel. I can also confirm it attaches and become part of the standard Grenadier steel front bumper. It just bolts on to the existing bumper.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Saw a wagon once that hit a camel on the Nullabor. Took the roof off and head of driver. The passenger was reclined sleeping and walked away from the week.

If you’re going to have a bar up front make it steel.
Very sad to hear what you shaw, was it night or day? Traveling Australia is safest during the day. Bull bars were designed to push the beast down not up...some bars now will propel up and over but my option is to travel in daylight and take my chances of being able to read what the beast if any is about to do...kangaroos do not jump backward which is a good start...emus are radical...wombats are speed bumps that can roll you...a mice plague can be like driving on ice when the numbers are huge...steel is the only option at night and push it down not up...happy motoring

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A great pity it is steel. I get some people actually want it to protect against wildlife but i wonder if it makes any difference if you hit a big roo at 100kph. i simply want to mount fishing rod holders. Taking them off and on all the time will chip the paint and being steel it will rust.

Back
Top Bottom