The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bit of a German Geordie

CEMechanic

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
Hi there from Germany near Regensburg,

Second post but long term lurker on this forum as I committed to a Grenadier Trialmaster Diesel in Donny Grey (changed from Brittanoa Blue with white roof… still not sure).
Got an order number beginning with 531… placed on May 29th, so a bit behind on some of the first minute adaptors in this forum.
The Grenadier shall replace a 2008 Discovery 3 that we had from new and that I do all work on myself. It will be a hard to let the Disco go as it has been a fantastic car for us for the many trips to Northumberland that we call our second home, been a great trailer puller, the 7-seat interior is still much more versatile and spacious than the Grenadier is now, 15 years later. The versatility of the Disco will be sadly missed. On the upside we are looking forward to a mature BMW powertrain and generally fewer parts to go wrong - but to be fair - the Grenadier still has to go, where our Disco has already been… Newer or current Land Rovers are not an option…

I also have a Defender 90 Pickup that I rescued from a Scottish Farm when it was just three years old. You cannot imagine the amount of cowshxxt I fond in every crevice of that little thing… it’s been a fun car mostly and earns its keep normally pulling my mowers and tillers through the summer.

Professionally I am involved in pretty much every aspect of the construction equipment industry. From design, test, development, product support and operations, it’s been a fun career.

I seem to hit the average age here pretty well, 54, so still a few years to go before retirement.

Until then the Grenadier will be mainly used for long trips and towing jobs. The day to day miles we cover with smaller cars. They are built for purpose as well…

Thanks everyone for setting up this forum and community. Please keep it a friendly place and keep it international. The Disco3 forum would be a good goalpost to steer towards, that community does more for the Land Rover brand by keeping these cars on the road than any JLR main dealer around the globe.

I’ll chime in if I feel I can add. It will become fun when the first technical posts will start once first Grenadiers are delivered.

IanG4x4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
"I'd climb a mountain for a canny bag o' crisps" Only those of a certain age might get that, but Tudor did make a canny bag o' crisps

Back
Top Bottom