The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Are there footwell electrical ports?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
Are there footwell electrical ports?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
Does that mean missing switches in the overhead console then?

Vote:

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well there are wires connected to the switches in the footwell
see rovie's post here:-
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/high-load-auxiliary-switch-panel.12410279/post-1333178576
img_2080-jpg.7812114

Vote:

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Vote:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
So positive and ground terminals and heat shrink wrapped - is that correct? Will there be enough room behind the trims for Deutch plugs or USB sockets?
The provided link answers the question you asked. Yes is the short answer, if you use a Deutsch DT plug (not sure if a DTP plug would fit).

Vote:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes is the short answer, if you use a Deutsch DT plug (not sure if a DTP plug would fit).
And yet Ineos are saying officially no?

Isn't it sort of irrelevant what other markets are getting when the question is specific to the US market? Otherwise, I could show them a picture of a diesel engine under a Grenadier bonnet...

The other answer of course is that the definition of a "port" has been interpreted differently?

Vote:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And yet Ineos are saying officially no?

Isn't it sort of irrelevant what other markets are getting when the question is specific to the US market? Otherwise, I could show them a picture of a diesel engine under a Grenadier bonnet...

The other answer of course is that the definition of a "port" has been interpreted differently?
Looking at the supplied picture in the footwell I could install a Deustch DT plug in that position on the cable ends, regardless of what INEOS says. Same goes for the bonnet/hood outlet.

You could also use a butt connector with a dual wall shrink tube, giving you a waterproof seal.

You can always run your own cables, it is not rocket science, but if I can use a supplied one I will.

Vote:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes but the question appears to have been answered that they aren't getting the cable ends.

Vote:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the supplied picture in the footwell I could install a Deustch DT plug in that position on the cable ends, regardless of what INEOS says. Same goes for the bonnet/hood outlet.

You could also use a butt connector with a dual wall shrink tube, giving you a waterproof seal.

You can always run your own cables, it is not rocket science, but if I can use a supplied one I will.
Inline butt connector + shrink wrap seems the way to go so that the Deutsch connector is more accessible.. (y)

Vote:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
I interpreted this as having a usb port or a std 12V outlet port mounted in the footwell, and not the tail end of a cable behind a kick panel.

Vote:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So is there a supplementary question:

"Are there footwell electrical cable ends, prewired to the overhead switches, in a similar fashion to the vehicles being delivered in Europe?

If not, will there be blanks in the overhead switch panel?"

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom