The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Another CIAO from Italy

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
Ciao Everybody,
this is Patrick from Italy. I am a newbie to the 4x4 world - well I had some LR3 and LR4 V8 when I did leave in the Middle East but nowadays I am more into Adventure Motorcycle Touring.
My Inky Black Fieldmaster is already for three weeks at the dealership and let's see when I can start cruising on gravel roads in my area.1681756439355.png
On the pic is my son
1681756482557.png

Hope to meet you seen in the dirt. Why not organising a Grenadier gathering on the scenic routes of the Eroica in Tuscany ;-)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Are you from Tuscany?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I live in Verona
I've been in Verona around 600 times (not kidding). Two times of which for private reasons: A weekend trip with our photographers group and of course once with my wife: Aida.

Absolutely gorgeous, some hundred people on the stage. And I love the opera.

Dinner at "Alcova del Frate" (enoteca & trattoria) was really "prelibato" (è vicino Ponte Pietra).

I love Verona. And with less tourists I would even love it more. ;)

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've been in Verona around 600 times (not kidding). Two times of which for private reasons: A weekend trip with our photographers group and of course once with my wife: Aida.

Absolutely gorgeous, some hundred people on the stage. And I love the opera.

Dinner at "Alcova del Frate" (enoteca & trattoria) was really "prelibato" (è vicino Ponte Pietra).

I love Verona. And with less tourists I would even love it more. ;)
Alcova del Frate - very good choice. Indeed for some years now there are way too many tourists in Verona but I know very nearby a 15km Grenadier gravel test road ;-) in the mountains. But please do not go there with a car or motorcycle during the weekend - respect the hikers and (push) bikers. Best is Friday evening for a sundowner
1681824109512.jpeg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, this trattoria is a real Italian one, I love it!

I will make a trip to Trento with my wife in the Grenadier ASAP. We will then likely visit Friuli (Passo Boldo?) to buy some San Daniele there, and maybe to Verona as well.

We should meet then, why not in Alcova del Frate ... ? :)

And have an afternoon on that gravel road with some picnic stuff, say a good soave, some cheese and the divine San Daniele 🥴

Couldn't that be a plan?

BTW: My car arrived at the Agent .... 🤩

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, this trattoria is a real Italian one, I love it!

I will make a trip to Trento with my wife in the Grenadier ASAP. We will then likely visit Friuli (Passo Boldo?) to buy some San Daniele there, and maybe to Verona as well.

We should meet then, why not in Alcova del Frate ... ? :)

And have an afternoon on that gravel road with some picnic stuff, say a good soave, some cheese and the divine San Daniele 🥴

Couldn't that be a plan?

BTW: My car arrived at the Agent .... 🤩
Sure. Could be a plan. Spreche leider aber Deutsch ;-) San Boldo is still Veneto - Province of Treviso. When you there you should visti Bassano del Grappa - one of the most beautiful towns in Northern Italy, Monte Grappa and of course the Prosecco area around Conegliano.
1681830096953.jpeg
Looks like Passo San Baldo ;-)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for the Passo San Boldo clarification. But on the way from Trento to Friaul it's anyway a good waypoint, I think.

I stay with English as others likely want to follow the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom