The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

14 Power points/rear view and split doors????

Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
At about 2:46 the Ineos guy mentions 14 power points around the vechicle.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
The 14 points are (from my assumption) with the power panel upgrade as they show on the configurator, there are 4 on the roof in the tie down channels under the handles. Shame its a $1800 upgrade as I only want to put a solar panel up there. I wonder if there is existing wiring in place or at lease some type of channeling to run wiring.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
The 14 points are (from my assumption) with the power panel upgrade as they show on the configurator, there are 4 on the roof in the tie down channels under the handles. Shame its a $1800 upgrade as I only want to put a solar panel up there. I wonder if there is existing wiring in place or at lease some type of channeling to run wiring.
Yeah I’d love to be able to re-route a couple of those to the front or back of the vehicle.
So many technical questions with some of the listed options - the poor old professional driver at the event is going to cop a barrage of questions. Most he’s probably answered 500 times already the poor bugger.

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
Hello, how did we ever have winches before there was a "got to have" high load accessory panel.!?

I love when the host says there are 14 power points and the guest responds, "I'm not an electrician mate."

Well alrighty then, nevermind !

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The high load panel gives you 8 of the 14, so there's 6 left, presumably through a combination of EXT1, INT1, INT2 and any other sockets that are not separately switched?

Screenshot_20221129_181817.jpg
INEOS_Grenadier_interior_10.jpg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
Yeah I’d love to be able to re-route a couple of those to the front or back of the vehicle.
So many technical questions with some of the listed options - the poor old professional driver at the event is going to cop a barrage of questions. Most he’s probably answered 500 times already the poor bugger.
Hmm… are you getting the winch? I understand that the additional switches include wiring for the winch going to both the front and back of the vehicle. Otherwise EXT1 appears to go to the engine bay (lights, compressor?). Corrections welcomed.

One presumes the unaccounted for outlets are the USB and 12V DC made available in the cabin, centre console and switched to the accessory circuit…?

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
EXT4 is for the winch(es).

EXT5 is (from the graphic) going to the engine bay.

EXT1 is the unknown (at least to me!).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No idea what I will use the 10A outlet under the bonnet for but I think the two in the footwell will be for a dashcam and a head up display.
Although they don't need to be switched so a bit of a waste.
Maybe add mobile phone charging mounts for two mobiles and the switch kills them when parked.
Any ideas???

1670481138576.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Footwell each have 120W nominal capacity: one would suffice to power dashcam/phone(s) and UHF CB Radio plus an add on iPAD/Tablet GPS mapping setup ...
As for under the bonnet... hopefully won't need "ever" to lift the bonnet at night!!

I like the idea of a head-up display ...I've forgotten what the small rectangular screen in front of the driver displays, other than it doesn't display the speed!

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
Even though outlets are located in front footwells, I'm sure it would be easy enough to run a circuit under door tread plates and to the back of vehicle for other uses. I mean that's what I did in my discovery1, just depends on space and fixings under the plates

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
I would wire a cb radio or a n additional GPS directly and wouldn‘t use any of the outlets. The one for the bonnet could be usefull for an air compressor located in the engine bay - if there is enough space,
But let‘s see what aftermarket prducts will be shown…

Back
Top Bottom