The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

14 Power points/rear view and split doors????

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
No idea what I will use the 10A outlet under the bonnet for but I think the two in the footwell will be for a dashcam and a head up display.
Although they don't need to be switched so a bit of a waste.
Maybe add mobile phone charging mounts for two mobiles and the switch kills them when parked.
Any ideas???

View attachment 7797459

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was going to use the under bonnet one for an under bonnet light. And one of the foot well for USB mobile for charger. Still thinking about the other foot well. Possibly a passenger foot well light, " she who must be obeyed" has a habit of dropping things, phone, on the floor when I'm driving.

Local time
Reaction score
A map light for reading maps in the dark oh wait erm sat nave gps etc

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One does hope that will not be needed!
Oh yes it will. I live in a remote, forested part of Scotland. Mice are the problem for the cars, nesting in a warm engine bay. To replace a chewed wiring loom on a D4 is a body off frame job. I therefore put rat poison under the bonnet when I arrive home, and remove next time I use it. 50% of the time it's dark.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 14 points are (from my assumption) with the power panel upgrade as they show on the configurator, there are 4 on the roof in the tie down channels under the handles. Shame its a $1800 upgrade as I only want to put a solar panel up there. I wonder if there is existing wiring in place or at lease some type of channeling to run wiring.
I intend to use portable suitcase style solar panels. I already have one 100w with integrated mppt solar controller. I see no reason why I can’t just plug this directly into one of these power supplies as it has its own controller and is adequately fused via inline fuse holder. I find the portable ones better as you can move around whilst camped up to get the best angle to the sun. 👍

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh yes it will. I live in a remote, forested part of Scotland. Mice are the problem for the cars, nesting in a warm engine bay. To replace a chewed wiring loom on a D4 is a body off frame job. I therefore put rat poison under the bonnet when I arrive home, and remove next time I use it. 50% of the time it's dark.

Yes, mice amd pine marten - a continuing hazard!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
I would wire a cb radio or a n additional GPS directly and wouldn‘t use any of the outlets. The one for the bonnet could be usefull for an air compressor located in the engine bay - if there is enough space,
But let‘s see what aftermarket prducts will be shown…
Air compressor I like. Thanks

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was going to use the under bonnet one for an under bonnet light. And one of the foot well for USB mobile for charger. Still thinking about the other foot well. Possibly a passenger foot well light, " she who must be obeyed" has a habit of dropping things, phone, on the floor when I'm driving.
You have to know we will tell her you said that

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is truly special

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I put traps down besides all tyres on the assumption that has to be the means by which they get in and out. As to the baiting, I use peanut butter.

The big question is whether you attract more by baiting as opposed to leaving them unbaited? I catch mice in both.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
Yeah - high powered hand held mobile light for use at the front of the car (engine work or winching at night)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
At those amperage ratings a dedicated adequately fused supply will be needed. Possibly with an Anderson plug for a portable compressor 👍
Or use the high power output at front or rear with a suitablely fused link?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I intend to use portable suitcase style solar panels. I already have one 100w with integrated mppt solar controller. I see no reason why I can’t just plug this directly into one of these power supplies as it has its own controller and is adequately fused via inline fuse holder. I find the portable ones better as you can move around whilst camped up to get the best angle to the sun. 👍
If I'm understanding your intention I.e. to top up the vehicle battery via solar through a 12v outlet, you'll need to ensure that there's continuity from the outlet back to the battery when the vehicle is "asleep" i.e the outlet is always 'live".

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Or use the high power output at front or rear with a suitablely fused link?
I think the high powered front outlet maybe being utilised by the winch in my vehicles case. But yes I maybe be able to use the one at the back as I’ve gone for high powered electrical preparation. I see from your chart DCPU that maximum load is 32a for the high output portable compressor. That’s quite a load. 👍

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the high powered front outlet maybe being utilised by the winch in my vehicles case.
Well we've yet to see any photos but I'm assuming it will be the same as the rear, so you can unscrew/unplug the winch and plug in a portable compressor in seconds.

Screenshot_20220912_115218.jpg

Back
Top Bottom