The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Theft Prevention

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
You mess with the bull, you get the horns.
The Breakfast Club Bull GIF

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
Another level of security being added ~ Excel cat 2 Thatcham immobiliser:
Screenshot_20230510_162324.jpg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
Came across this today from a Youtube car mechanic, Scotty Kilmer. Let's say he is a unique guy but I respect his want for people to save money in repairing cars. Anyways he talks about an Aussie immobilizer that everyone should get. I apologize for the blatant stereotypes of Australians. would love tI get feedback from anyone who has one
View: https://youtu.be/NH19CDA5t_8

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
Came across this today from a Youtube car mechanic, Scotty Kilmer. Let's say he is a unique guy but I respect his want for people to save money in repairing cars. Anyways he talks about an Aussie immobilizer that everyone should get. I apologize for the blatant stereotypes of Australians. would love tI get feedback from anyone who has one
Not a generalisation, they break into houses to steal the keys of mainly high powered European cars such as BMWs and Benzs which are very popular here (they don't care if the owners are home or not). Tend to be disenfranchised teenagers looking to impress their peeps on social media, they don't care if they get caught as generally let off or worse case they get a short holiday at a facility with regular meals and a well fitted out gym.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a mate who used to have a system like this only instead of a push-button he had a 6.5mm audio jack. In order to enable the starter circuit you had to insert then remove a standard 6.5mm audio plug. The circuit then disconnected after the car started. The beauty of it was that the plug just looked like a regular audio input on the dash.

The irony was that the car was not at all worth stealing.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a mate who used to have a system like this only instead of a push-button he had a 6.5mm audio jack. In order to enable the starter circuit you had to insert then remove a standard 6.5mm audio plug. The circuit then disconnected after the car started. The beauty of it was that the plug just looked like a regular audio input on the dash.

The irony was that the car was not at all worth stealing.
I had the same system
The the plug just acted as a link, like a switch

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
Do we know if the alarm system has some kind of interior compartment monitoring/surveillance?
Meaning, does the alarm go off if I leave the doggy in the car for short?
If yes, how can this be disabled?
Thanx

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
One of these is the best anti theft system for break & enter key thefts
View attachment 7811296
You'd probably fall foul of UK health and safety legislation - "knowingly" setting a man trap! 🐶
And believe it or not companies have a "duty of care" to trespassers
What a world

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom