The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I am sitting @ ~1500 miles now and at this point it's been a mix of city & highway driving only. When asked about my opinion, I tell folks I have had to re-calibrate my mind. This is due to my last three vehicles being TRX, Jeep Gladiator Mohave & Raptor. The Jeep was the closest to IG when it comes to ride & general comforts but still had better tech. I fully understand the IG is very utilitarian......Those of us that live in the US have come accustomed to larger vehicles w/ amenities. My general complaints in no particular order & shooting from the hip would be: (1) No One touch up/down windows (2) No built-in garage door opener (Home Link) in visor or mirror (3) Infotainment Center is weak (4) Annoyance of speed & lane assistant (5) Stereo sound is poor even with amp (6) Steering box play, always feel like I am sawing at wheel (realize this box is ideal for offroad) (7) Door seals installed with weak tape & having to realign after each wash but considering use of some new high end glue to alleviate (8) Unusual transmission whine at easy throttle load but goes away when lifting off throttle (9) No visor mirror (10) Love the Recaro side bolsters but there is something that pushes into my lower back that remains bothersome (11) Footwell is tight & have gotten used to it but still feel like my hip angle has changed & curious about long road trips. (12) Driver side passenger door button sticking so multiple open/closing of door (13) No active cruise control (14) No vented seats (15) Cup holders are weak at best (16) Lack of lower arm rest on front doors (17) General storage is very weak (18) Rear view mirror visibility, they probably should have used camera type (19) Visibility out of side view mirrors (20) Driver side needs A-pillar grab handle. As you can tell these are all preferences besides door seal & transmission whine. I have not experienced any major issues like others have mentioned. I am curious how AC will handle gulf coast weather in coming months. I am roughly 1.25hrs from dealer and had to get software update 100 miles in due to airbag indicator but so far error free since then. I took delivery early March 2024 . I suspect in another 60-90 days my affinity for some of those luxuries will subside.
Hi LKC
Can’t really take issue with any of your observations other than to say the steering on my vehicle feels spot on. As I read through your list I was able to acknowledge what you alluded to.
That said, absolutely none of those criticisms would deter me from buying this vehicle again. 10,000 miles in and still extremely happy.

Javasipper

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi LKC
Can’t really take issue with any of your observations other than to say the steering on my vehicle feels spot on. As I read through your list I was able to acknowledge what you alluded to.
That said, absolutely none of those criticisms would deter me from buying this vehicle again. 10,000 miles in and still extremely happy.
"...(12) Driver side passenger door button sticking so multiple open/closing of door..." My dealer here in Oregon already has a fix for this issue, so I'm assumming your dealer should also have a fix. Set an apoinment and they should be able to replace the faulty parts for you.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am sitting @ ~1500 miles now and at this point it's been a mix of city & highway driving only. When asked about my opinion, I tell folks I have had to re-calibrate my mind. This is due to my last three vehicles being TRX, Jeep Gladiator Mohave & Raptor. The Jeep was the closest to IG when it comes to ride & general comforts but still had better tech. I fully understand the IG is very utilitarian......Those of us that live in the US have come accustomed to larger vehicles w/ amenities. My general complaints in no particular order & shooting from the hip would be: (1) No One touch up/down windows (2) No built-in garage door opener (Home Link) in visor or mirror (3) Infotainment Center is weak (4) Annoyance of speed & lane assistant (5) Stereo sound is poor even with amp (6) Steering box play, always feel like I am sawing at wheel (realize this box is ideal for offroad) (7) Door seals installed with weak tape & having to realign after each wash but considering use of some new high end glue to alleviate (8) Unusual transmission whine at easy throttle load but goes away when lifting off throttle (9) No visor mirror (10) Love the Recaro side bolsters but there is something that pushes into my lower back that remains bothersome (11) Footwell is tight & have gotten used to it but still feel like my hip angle has changed & curious about long road trips. (12) Driver side passenger door button sticking so multiple open/closing of door (13) No active cruise control (14) No vented seats (15) Cup holders are weak at best (16) Lack of lower arm rest on front doors (17) General storage is very weak (18) Rear view mirror visibility, they probably should have used camera type (19) Visibility out of side view mirrors (20) Driver side needs A-pillar grab handle. As you can tell these are all preferences besides door seal & transmission whine. I have not experienced any major issues like others have mentioned. I am curious how AC will handle gulf coast weather in coming months. I am roughly 1.25hrs from dealer and had to get software update 100 miles in due to airbag indicator but so far error free since then. I took delivery early March 2024 . I suspect in another 60-90 days my affinity for some of those luxuries will subside.
Yep, and I absolutely love it. DaBull

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ordering a replacement?
Not at the moment. Ineos offered a replacement vehicle but nothing remotely like my spec, so I declined. Prices have now risen significantly for a re-order and to be honest I’m pretty despondent about the dealer servicing and repairs and with no good motivated independents, any problems and you’re firmly tied to Ineos for the time being.

I would like to revisit in a few years but for now I’m sticking to the old L322.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Not at the moment. Ineos offered a replacement vehicle but nothing remotely like my spec, so I declined. Prices have now risen significantly for a re-order and to be honest I’m pretty despondent about the dealer servicing and repairs and with no good motivated independents, any problems and you’re firmly tied to Ineos for the time being.

I would like to revisit in a few years but for now I’m sticking to the old L322.
have you thought about looking at the secondhand market? I bought mine last November - 1500 miles on the clock , all the extras i would have selected had I ordered a new one, considerably cheaper than ordering a new one. Worth a look around?

PS found mine through auto-trader, quality used car place rather than a main dealer.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
"...(12) Driver side passenger door button sticking so multiple open/closing of door..." My dealer here in Oregon already has a fix for this issue, so I'm assumming your dealer should also have a fix. Set an apoinment and they should be able to replace the faulty parts for you.

The dry graphite lube works pretty well too for sticky doors.

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am already at 800 miles after two weeks. I have two warning lights on, a brake wear and the yellow engine gremlin that happens sometimes after filling up the tank. Neither lights are critical, or relevant for that matter. My dealer is 5.5 hours away, however I have a work trip next week literally 20 minutes away from them.
Those two warning lights while mildly surprising, have done nothing to dampen my enthusiasm and satisfaction. I have done about 50 miles of light offroading and the car handles like a dream. Even a morning coffee errand puts a smile on my face like no other car has.
To quote a Cadillac commercial from the 2000s.... "when you turn on your car, does it return the favor?" My Grenadier certainly does.

Back
Top Bottom