The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Comprehensive list of all known Grenadier Side Steps

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
3mm isn’t burly. Since buzz went thru the hassle of welding them up instead of using tube, they could have at least used 1/4” (6mm) for that long wide flat bottom plate… and SS is a solution looking for a problem. Every couple years mine gets a fresh coat of paint and new anti slip tape after sanding out the scratches anyway. Decades old, and looking like new… ish…
That’s cool. Every couple of years I won’t even touch mine. And everything rusts on the East coast. Did you see what @Logsplitter ’s steps looked like after touring Africa?

Local time
Reaction score
There are advantages to living in a dry western climate. Pretty sure I could install raw unpainted sliders and the most that would happen is a bit of minor surface rust. In practice I simply use a bit of spray paint annually on any areas that have been scrapped down to raw metal on all my rigs. Stainless steel is completely unnecessary when your average daily humidity level is below 20% :). Nice problem to have I realize. For those in wetter climates rust is very real!

312Haleiwa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi @312Haleiwa, what do you think about your Shadowmarq/White Knuckle sliders/steps. I am debating on flat vs. 20 deg tilt and top plate or just the bar...my wife needs a step to get in the truck, but I don't want anything that drops too low. Can you provide feedback? TIA.
AndyT - attached some photos to give you several angles. I was in the same boat as my wife needed a step but I also wanted a rock slider. Installation was easy and all the holes lined up perfect. Each one weighs about 75lbs and are solid. Great service and communication from Shawdowmarq and shipping to Seattle area was $450. Not a fan of the WK in the top plate, but you can see how it’s attached in one picture from underneath. Eventually I will swap that top plate out. One other note is using this as a step is pretty high at roughly 16.5” above pavement, so a lower step would make the climb in easier perhaps. Feel free to DM with any other questions or dimension needs.

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpeg
    IMG_0263.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0258.jpeg
    IMG_0258.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0257.jpeg
    IMG_0257.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 23

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m on a total reset loop on this, and I can’t make a decision. It’s just delays further getting the stuff on.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Super happy with the Buzz setup and despite it being rather costly, the quality is evident. I do like the kick out bit that the WK and some of the others have incorporated though.

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
That’s cool. Every couple of years I won’t even touch mine. And everything rusts on the East coast. Did you see what @Logsplitter ’s steps looked like after touring Africa?
slider.jpg
I dunnknow... maybe as a LR guy you're accustomed to that organic biodegradable British steel. Pittsburgh driven in salt strewn streets, never garaged and 10 sunny days a year. 2 decades old. 2x3x1/4 sq tube and and 2" dom. Every so many years I'll hand sand the accumulated paint scratches smooth with 220 and spray. Stainless won't make paint indestructible! I can drop off of a ledge and slam these on anything, without the slightest dent. The goal is impact resistance, and that's plate, not sheet. Buzz does make a pretty step though. :p I did wipe dirt off for the glamor pic after the rain.

Local time
Reaction score
I’m on a total reset loop on this, and I can’t make a decision. It’s just delays further getting the stuff on.
If you plan on wheeling, make sure what you decide on is sufficient to the task, first. It's not a cheap truck so, function before form. Lesser stuff can turn into a damage multiplier if it creases and bends.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:57 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted the Dissent Offroad Step Sliders https://dissentoffroad.com/collections/ineos-grenadier/products/ineos-grenadier-step-slider I was looking at the Buzz options but like the look of the Dissent ones too. My wife and our elderly parents have trouble with the thin tube of the OEM steps so I'm looking for something wider with a non-skid step. If anyone has experience with these I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks!
I was very curious about them as well! One guy on the USA Ineos FB group has them, Dissent is on there too. The reason I ended up not ordering them was I was unsure about the "rubberized" grip they used, would it work in snow, would it flake off, etc. Plus the Buzz being stainless were better for winter anyway. Difference was $700, which is sorta negligble when talking about a forever step.

Back
Top Bottom